De Zerbi denies Milan talks after Marseille row: ‘I haven’t spoken to anyone’ | OneFootball

De Zerbi denies Milan talks after Marseille row: ‘I haven’t spoken to anyone’ | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Football Italia

Football Italia

·4 avril 2025

De Zerbi denies Milan talks after Marseille row: ‘I haven’t spoken to anyone’

Image de l'article :De Zerbi denies Milan talks after Marseille row: ‘I haven’t spoken to anyone’

Olympique de Marseille head coach Roberto De Zerbi has outright denied that there has been any contact between himself and Milan, despite the fact that he had been one of the leading candidates to take over from Sergio Conceicao at the end of the 2024-25 season according to recent reports in Italy.

De Zerbi has been linked with a move to San Siro to take over from Coneceicao in the Rossoneri hot seat, as the Portuguese tactician is expected to leave at the end of the current campaign.


Vidéos OneFootball


It had been reported that De Zerbi would be one of Fabio Paratici’s preferred candidates, but the former Juventus and Tottenham executive is no longer expected to take over as Milan’s new sporting director, which means it is unclear whether the Rossoneri will maintain their interest in De Zerbi.

De Zerbi denies Milan links: ‘I said it wasn’t true’

Image de l'article :De Zerbi denies Milan talks after Marseille row: ‘I haven’t spoken to anyone’

BRADFORD, ENGLAND – AUGUST 3: Roberto De Zerbi manager of Olympique Marseille during the pre-season friendly match between Sunderland and Olympique Marseille at University of Bradford Stadium on August 3, 2024 in Bradford, England. (Photo by Nigel Roddis/Getty Images)

Speaking at a pre-match press conference, De Zerbi made it clear that he has not been in contact with any representatives from Milan.

“Everyone is free to say what they want. Nobody called me, no team,” the former Brighton and Sassuolo coach said during his pre-match press conference, reported via TMW.

He continued: “As always, I don’t talk to or flirt with any other team. My intention is to stay here for many more years. There are two sides to any marriage. Let’s see how the season ends.”

Asked specifically about the reports linking him to Milan, De Zerbi replied: “I said it wasn’t true. I haven’t spoken to anyone, I don’t talk to anyone.”

It has been a chaotic few days for De Zerbi in France, as reports suggest he has had a full-scale fall-out with the Marseille squad and refused to take training as a result, which led Mehdi Benatia to step in and act as the peacekeeper.

À propos de Publisher