Arsenal Divided Over €70M-Rated PSG, Nottingham Forest Target Ahead of Summer Window | OneFootball

Arsenal Divided Over €70M-Rated PSG, Nottingham Forest Target Ahead of Summer Window | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: PSG Talk

PSG Talk

·4 avril 2025

Arsenal Divided Over €70M-Rated PSG, Nottingham Forest Target Ahead of Summer Window

Image de l'article :Arsenal Divided Over €70M-Rated PSG, Nottingham Forest Target Ahead of Summer Window

Wolverhampton Wanderers have locked in Matheus Cunha with a long-term contract extension, despite significant interest in him during the winter transfer window.

However, speculation about his future remains ongoing. Cunha has become a key figure for Wolves, excelling in various attacking roles and making a noticeable impact.


Vidéos OneFootball


As reported by Fichajes, the Brazilian has thrived in positions ranging from attacking midfielder to second striker to center-forward, which has caught the attention of clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, and Paris Saint-Germain.

While Wolves highly value Cunha, reports indicate they could entertain offers upwards of €70 million. Sky Sports News previously revealed that Nottingham Forest made a club-record bid of around £60 million for him in January.

What’s the latest on Matheus Cunha?

Image de l'article :Arsenal Divided Over €70M-Rated PSG, Nottingham Forest Target Ahead of Summer Window

Naomi Baker/Getty Images

GIVE ME SPORT reported on Thursday that there’s some division within Arsenal’s recruitment team over Matheus Cunha. While some are open to his potential, Berta is said to prefer a more traditional No. 9.

At the same time, Arsenal are also targeting a left-sided attacker or winger—someone who offers end product going forward but also puts in a shift defensively. Whether they move ahead with Cunha could hinge on whether they believe he can adapt his game to fit that profile.

With rumors swirling about his potential move from Wolves, Cunha opened up about his future, suggesting a departure this summer might be on the cards.

“I had a lot of offers but I wouldn’t feel well if I had done it,” Cunha told The Guardian. “Some things you can’t control but I couldn’t leave the club in the middle of the season, in a difficult situation, in the relegation zone.

“Now, we’re close to achieving our goal [of staying up]. But I’ve made it clear that I need to take the next step. I want to fight for titles, for big things. I have potential.”

À propos de Publisher